Monday, October 27, 2008

Round 2 Update... Phase 4

Well, round 2 was just plain odd. I had a really hard time keeping on protocol. So, daily I did eat something I shouldn't have. I only lost about 12 lbs total. During maintenance phase I did maintain really well for 3 weeks. I was still eating stuff I shouldn't have been eating. I planned a disneyland vacation for my family the 2nd week of phase 4 so I didn't have to worry about what I could or couldn't eat while on vacation. Before we left vacation I had gained about 3 lbs in that week.

I weighed myself as soon as we got home and the scale had said 13 lbs over my maintenance weight. YIKES! How in the world could I have done that much walking and gain that much weight. I'm thinking it's water weight. I did eat a TON of almonds on the drive so with that protein I hope it helps my water go down. By the time I went to bed the scale had gone down 2 lbs and this morning it was already down another 2 lbs. So, I guess my gain wasn't as scary as it looked.

I do have to confess that Disneyland has the best mint chocolate chip ice cream I've had in a long time. That could be because I haven't had much ice cream for a long time. LOL I think I had one every day we were there. We only took snacks with us and if we bought something in the park it was once a day. It's toooooo dang expensive there.

So, I'm staying on phase 4 for a while.... I'll do my best to maintain through it. I'm trying to decided if I can squeeze another round in before the holidays hit. I feel bloated and heavy and just not the same. It's amazing how different your eating lifestyle makes you feel.

Thanks for all the support. It really helps to have others to talk to and to get encouragement from. You all ROCK!

No comments: